Fall - I Spy Sensory Bin

We like to switch the materials in our Sensory Bin every month
 to reflect either the season or the monthly theme.


This month our sensory bin contains:

Leaves (from the Dollar store)
Acorns
Pinecones
Plastic rakes
Ornamental Corn
Mini Pumpkins
Plastic scale (for comparing the weights of the different materials)

After interest in playing with these items waned, I turned the bin into an I Spy game.

It would be best if the items I had included for the game had a Fall theme. 
But since I didn't have more Fall items other than what was already in my bin, I just used what I had on hand.     


As you will see on the poster, I included some cookie cutter shapes
 and various toys from around the classroom.



I also added a bunch of extra items to the bin that were not on the I Spy sheet to make the game more challenging.


For instance, I included both a red dinosaur and a blue dinosaur so that the students would have to find not just a dinosaur, but the dinosaur that was the correct colour.  


I will change the items up next week for Halloween to include skeletons, ghosts, and other Halloween items.  



 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...