Start Your Circle Time with this Fun Colour Song




Every morning at circle time, we do a quick fingerplay and then enter into a Good Morning Song.   I have a few favourites, but I do like to switch things up regularly.  Variety is good!

One great way to start our circles is with a colour song.  I pick a colour that each student is wearing and then move my way one by one through the class.  

The tune for this song is "The Colour I See."
The words go like this (depending, of course, on what colour each student is wearing): 



Red, red is the colour I see

If you're wearing red please show it to me.

Stand up and turn around.

Show me your red, then sit back down.

Green, green is the colour I see
If you're wearing green please show it to me.
Stand up and turn around.
Show me your red and then sit down.

etc.

To turn this song into a game, you could also hand out 4 colours of paper to the class.  To make the game more challenging for older students, choose colours that you think they are less familiar with - grey, silver, gold, etc. 


Tell the children that when you sing about the colour they are holding, they can stand up and turn around.  

For more fun colour activities and games, click HERE to see a previous post.



If you don't want to miss any ideas and freebies from Teach Easy Resources Blog,
 you can subscribe to receive these posts straight into your e-mail box or by RSS feed.
  Just click on the Subscribe button on the right margin of this blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have some comments to share regarding this post, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...